The spokesman for the Yemeni Ministry of Public Health and Population said that 2018 was a terrifying nightmare for the children in Yemen where tens of thousands of them lost their lives for several reasons, including the direct bombing of the US-Saudi aerial aggression or indirect (siege and health effects on them).
AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): The spokesman for the Yemeni Ministry of Public Health and Population said that 2018 was a terrifying nightmare for the children in Yemen where tens of thousands of them lost their lives for several reasons, including the direct bombing of the US-Saudi aerial aggression or indirect (siege and health effects on them).
The spokesman of the Ministry of Public Health and Population, Yousef Al-Hadhari, revealed some of the figures of children’s tragedies in Yemen in 2018, as follows:
– Ministry of Health recorded 203297 children under the age of five years have malaria as a new injury added to the previous figures for previous years, the province of Hodeidah in the forefront of the most affected provinces of malaria and then the province of Hajja and Taiz.
– A child dies every 10 minutes due to malnutrition or other diseases (according to a UN report issued in September 2018).
– About 1203 children have been infected with Maltese fever, Dhamar, then the capital, comes on the list of the most affected.
– About 981 children were infected in 2018 with rabies. Dhamar and Ibb are at the top of the list with a significant shortage of drugs for the disease.
– Leishmania disease has infected 1133 children. Dhamar is at the top of the list and then Al-Jawf.
– Schistosomiasis has infected 2173 children, Hajjah and then Sa,adah are on the top of the injuries list.
– Pulmonary tuberculosis has infected 330 children in the past year. One third of the injuries in Aden Governorate.
– In 2018, smallpox disease speared more than it was previously, infecting about 12194 children. The capital and Sana’a governorate were the most affected areas of this disease.
– 12,995 children were infected with mumps (parotitis) in 2018. Taiz, Sa’adah and then the capital come on the injuries list.
– 3813 cases of dengue fever recorded on Hodeidah then Taiz and then Abyan within the highest rate of the epidemic.
– 1847 cases of meningitis, Taiz and then capital have the most cases of injuries.
– 657,802 cases of diarrhea and related diseases such as cholera, which infected 114,288 and led to the death of 145 children.
– 102 neonatal tetanus cases, 509 cases of hepatitis B and c, 6940 hepatitis A and e, 2147 pertussis cases, 15911 measles cases, 14691 typhoid infections, 45560 influenza, 958846 upper respiratory diseases, 437100 diseases related to the organ Lower respiratory tract.
– 511 child under five years of age was infected with diphtheria, of whom 55 died. Ibb and the capital came on the top of the list.
Two million and four hundred children, under the age of five, were infected with a disease or several infectious diseases during the year 2018, adding the same number as cumulative statistics of malnutrition for the same category, which is estimated in Yemen in general about 6 million children, equivalent to 60% of this category under the risk of infectious and communicable diseases and malnutrition caused by the US-Saudi aggression and siege on Yemen.